November 6, 2010
Now the question is, if I get new fabric should it be solid or a patterned green? And I still haven’t figured out how to do the straw.
November 3, 2010
- あみぐるみcollection Volume 7 : another amigurumi book. I especially like the Kappaxile’s armed with toothpick wepons :D and the alligator.
- てあみのクローゼット-カーディガン&ジャケット (Let’s Knit series) : A knit book of cardigans and jackets. I’m in love with the raglan cardigan on page 20
I ended up buying two hooks at what was formerly a San Diego Daiso and two at my LYS.
and completely unrelated, but kinda not, are these things that I found hanging around my room.
October 23, 2010
So yeah, I haven’t exactly been keeping up with my updates /understatement. I’ve been busy getting my life in to order, and thankfully that I’ve been able to incorporate crafting into it :D
One of the things that happened is the hiatus (yet again) of my Godmother Shawl I dropped some stitches and had no idea how to pick them up. To be specific they were “sl 1 k2tog psso” stitches and I figured it was a nice time to learn how to pick those up, just in case. Turns out my lys person just fixed it for me while I wasn’t paying attention :/ lol.
Something else I’ve been doing, I’ve seemed to have acquired a collection of Japanese craft books and I have no idea if I’m even going to get around to doing anything in them. Anyone who crochet’s seriously knows Japanese patterns are probably the most modern, cute, and wearable today patterns anywhere. They also tend to be in the small hook sizes. Unfortunately I’ve been mostly shopping at BookOFF and crochet patterns for clothes are rare, most of the ones I’ve found are dated :(
What I do have are miscellaneous crafty books and two books my brother brought over from Okinawa when he went to visit some friends. I asked for an amigurumi book but he misunderstood and bought me a doily book and a felt gurumi’s.
- NHK おしゃれ工房 2008年 02月号 [雑誌] [雑誌] – NHK magazine, has a how to on kimono’s
- スカーフ・ストール・マフラー―“自分らし... 高田 恵美 - different ways on how to tie a scarf, tie or cravat
- フェルト羊毛で作る かわいい仲間たち – the feltgurumi book
- のんびり気分で作りたいもの―handmade ZAKKA – a Zakka book (duh~)
- かわいいレース編み (Let’s Knit series はじめてかんたんできちゃった!)– teeny hook book, kind of a doily zakka book, everything's really cute and pretty. I even bought the teeny hooks to make something in it :D
- ホームクチュール+手芸をプラス 茅木 真知子- nice skirt and dress patterns (included), I just worry about shaping since I have latina hips (bust is fine, as in I don’t have one lol)
- 栗山武子のビーズ刺繍でドレスアップ―基礎... 栗山 武子 清水 行雄 - awesome beeding book, great for ideas, although I won't be doing any full lengh beaded dresses
- 基本からはじめる手ぬいのバッグ 高橋 恵美子 – cute bag and purse book
- アートクレイシルバーで作る純銀製のアクセサリー – precious metal clay book, bought it mostly for mom who want to start doing jewelry
- あみぐるみsweets―かぎ針で編んで作... (レディブティックシリーズ no. 2846) – super cute amigurumi sweets book, I especially like the Dango and Bon Bon rings
- 伝承のちりめん細工―明治・大正・昭和の女... (ハンドクラフトシリーズ 128) – Gamaguchi (kimono coin) purses from persimmons to lobsters to swaddled behbehs!
- かわいいフェイク・スイーツのつくり方 氣仙 えりか – similar to the sweets amigurumi book but this uses air dry clay, I’m going to try it with paper clay and see how that turns out. They look super real in the book, makes me want to break a tooth on one of them…