Pages

January 19, 2013

Yarn, Yarn, and also Yarn

New yarns :D I have them!

So for today, I’ll add the Christmas gifts I got from my brother :D

2013-01-161

I got yarns 8D three of them, or rather two types of yarns.

Christmas Gift 1

Yarn Name:  Two skeins of Lion Brand Amazing

Colorway:  Arcadia (earthy tones, heavy on the browns and greenish blue with red and tan highlights here and there).

Fiber:  52% Wool, 47% Acrylic blend; machine washable

Weight and Yardage:  Aran (medium) and 147 yards per skein (294 yards)  Doesn’t quite look and feel like a traditional Aran weight though, more like a DK…

Recommended Hook:  J-10 (6mm)

Rec. Needles:  size 9 (5.5mm)

Proposed Patterns:  Hot Gams! Legwarmers by Jenni Pea, Head in the Clowds Cowl by Susie Bonell, Golden Flames Poncho by DROPS Design, and Knitted Cowl Hood by Lion Brand Yarn.  And for any leftover, Longmeadow Cuff by ChickenBetty.

I was planning on making a skirt or a capelet but I decided I really didn’t want to spend the extra cash on the extra skeins needed, cheapie that I am.  With one of those patterns the most I’ll have to buy is two more skein, depending on which pattern I choose.  One thing about this yarn though, I’ve heard it’s a nightmare to frog and it kind of looks like it :/ and I frog a lot.

Hand Dyed 2

Yarn Name:  I’ve no idea since the tag was missing, so I dub thee Green Yarn!  Hand dyed by Ruth Molina The Wool Lady.

Colorway:  err… Green… yarn…!

Fiber:  100% local Wool

Weight and Yardage:  looks like Worsted (medium) and I estimated 123.75 yards

Recommended Hook:  I-9 (5.5mm) to K-10.5 (6.5mm)

Recommended Needles:  size 5 (3.75mm) to size 7 (4.5mm)

Proposed Patterns:  Flapper Hat by Sarah Arnold, Milanese Lace Topper by tante ehm, Combination Summer Hat by Amanda Muscha, and Northern Lights by Yarn Garden.

The sheep the wool was sheared from is also raised locally and it was spun locally too :D I don’t know if Ruth spun it but I know she dyes.  If anyone is in the Temecula area The Wool Lady store is a must for yarnies, gorgeous hand dyed wools as well as other fibers (like silk), rug hooking, embroidery, and even some quilting stuff.  It’s located in Old Town Temecula, cute little shop, plus there are other cute little shops and eateries in Old Town so it’s a good little area to spend the afternoon.

So those are my Christmas yarns :3  I think my brother entered my name and number for Ruth’s recycled bag sweepstakes and my name ended up being one of six winners (hee) so I also won some yarn this month, but I’ll blog that another day.  Here’s a preview:

2013-01-16

No comments:

Post a Comment