Pages

September 2, 2009

Finished Evangeline!

Granted it took me way longer then it should have, but they’re done lol.  It think I started in like March or April, frogged, frogged, frogged, knit, frogged, forgot about=, buried it in under yarn, took out in August, knit, frogged, knit, frogged, frogged, knit, knit, knit, went “oooh, that's not as hard as I’ve been making it!”, knit, frogged, knit, knit, knit, finished, and posted 8D

1. Gloves and Hand, 2. Cabled Fingerless Gloves, 3. Fingerless Gloves, 4. Evangeline Gloves III

Aren’t they purty~  A little fuzzy but that's because I haven’t washed them yet lol, but there they are :3  My first gloves (although fingerless), my first knitted gusset, and my first cables, the one thing that caused me the most problems.  Actually the cables weren't really that bad.  I think I might have overcomplicated things, and they got in the way of the double pointed needles, so Evangeline might not have been the most ideal project for first cables, but they’re cute~

Project Info:

  • Yarn Name:  Naturally Caron Country
    • Weight:  Worsted / 10 ply (9 wpi)
    • Fiber:  25% Merino Wool and 75% Microdenier Acrylic
    • Color:  Deep Taupe
  • Needles:  Size 6US / 4 meter DPN’s
    • Pattern actually calls for 7’s but I didn’t have any when I started
  • Pattern:  Evangeline (off of Ravelry)

Now that I know my way around fingerless gloves the next time should go just a little smoother (just a teeny tiny bit).  And I’ve actually picked out another pattern for my Naturally Caron Spa in Green Sheen (bamboo blend), these will be for a friend, so my first project I’m not going to keep, unless I decide I hate said friend between now and when I finish :D.  Considering how yummy the color is, I might decide to do that lol.

 

I will eventually (next day?  two?  week???) post a review of the Evangeline pattern and the Naturally Caron Country yarn :3.

No comments:

Post a Comment